How to Build a PC That Fits Your Needs
You’ve heard that you can build a PC but you don’t know how to go about it. You may have specific needs you want to address with the PC you want to build. It could be for efficient gaming purposes, or basically for streaming music and writing. However, you need to first choose what you want to build.
You can see reviewsbird.co.uk for the different reviews about people who have built their PCs by themselves. So, building a PC isn’t entirely complex.
- The first step is to choose if you want a computer or a laptop. Laptops are getting more popular than computers now. Customer reviews show that people are more attracted to laptops because it is portable to use. They are also used for office work and are efficient in playing video games or surfing the web.
However, there are also high-performance computers although they’re expensive. Whatever you settle for, know that laptops are less expensive with almost similar specifications to computers.
- Step 2: Decide what you want to build: You are at liberty to choose the shape and size of your PC. What determines this is the purpose of building the computer. Do you want to use it for media works, or get it connected to a TV? Or do you want to use it for Microsoft Office activities?
- Step 3: Set a Budget: You must determine the amount of money you want to spend on your PC. This will also determine the components and its performance levels.
- Step 4: Get PC building and Planning Tool that can help in building your PC. You can choose PC Part Picker to gather the components you’ll need for the exact PC you want to develop.
- The Shopping List: Now that you know the kind of PC you want the build and the components you need to use, assemble them and make orders.
- The Case: Also called chassis, it is the outer framework of your PC. All other parts are mounted on the chassis. You need to choose the shape and size that suits your needs. They could be Mini ITX, Micro ATX or ATX.
- The Motherboard: With this, you can connect all the PC components. You must be careful while choosing the brand of CPU. It must support the program you want your PC to run.
- The CPU: This is the brain of your PC. You can choose Quad-core (used for general computing) or Multi-core (which has more than one CPU). The CPU must be capable of running your intending activity without hassle.
- Memory: You need a large RAM which wouldn’t necessitate the need for the CPU to limit its speed while working. Through this means, PC performance will improve.
- Internal Storage: This helps your OS (Operating System) and makes performance faster and efficient.
- The GPU: This is a processor in charge of the pictures on your screen. Purchasing a CPU integrated with GPU that also shares similar RAM space can be a good fit.
- The Power Supply: You need a quality power supply that will manage your PC without the need to do the hasty replacement in the future.
When you have all these, you can install the CPU and CPU cooler, the RAM modules, and other essential components.